The mark of a New Year is always somewhat exciting for me. I just love the idea of a fresh start, a clean slate on which to paint new ideas, thoughts, and dreams. Technically, I started my new year sometime in December, but still, when the calendar read January 1st, 2019 I will admit I got a tad giddy with excitement and anticipation for what the mark of the new year might bring.
This year, I decided to follow Gretchen Rubin's prompt of creating a list of 19 items I would like to see happen in the year 2019. and it looks as if I am not the only one within my circle to be doing so! Both Hannah Corey & Katie Kortman are participating and their lists look pretty awesome! So, here I go throwing my very own list out into the open air and hoping that the universe will help guide me along with my intentions for the year!
19 for 2019
- Girlfriend date at least once per month with my besties
- Create at least 2 new patterns for Untitled Thoughts (eeep! I've already got so many ideas for this one!)
- Blog once per week (one down, 51 to go)
- Cut back on eating out/ cook more wholesome meals at home (I've kept up with this so far! Though we are currently out of town and have to rely on eating out)
- Make a special dinner date with Arlen at least 4 times this year
- Be more present/ spend less time attached to my phone
- Study French at least 4 times a week
- Get high quality, candid photos with Arlen (we currently have like 2 photos together even though we've been dating for nearly 4 years, haha)
- Reduce recycling to once per month
- Finish projects ASAP after receiving (no procrastinating!)
- Attempt to define my own version of success
- Begin our Backyard Garden!
- Bust my fabric scrap stash!
- Don't take on any work that doesn't excite me
- Dye more fabrics just for fun
- work on 2-4 embroidery projects just for fun (I really like the idea of working on projects that have no deadlines)
- Look into starting video content
- Read one new book per month
- Spend more time lazily outside
- *BONUS* Start working on writing my own book
There you have it! My modest list of 19 items plus a bonus item that I just couldn't shake.
Beyond my 19 for 2019, I have also picked out the nine projects I would really love to see completed for myself for 2019! This is my first time participating in the #MakeNine2019 Challenge and I am super excited!
Generally, I just work on whatever comes my way. But I have noticed that by doing so a few of my favorite ideas have been pushed to the back burner. So I am using this challenge to help remind me of items I really want to accomplish before the end of the year. Especially during those times when I am lost for what I can work on.
- RTR Rucksack by Merchant & Mills
- Melilot Shirt by Deer & Doe
- Marlborough Bra by Orange Lingerie
- Ruffle Top by Named from Breaking the Pattern
- McCall's M7745
- Rowan Bodysuit by Megan Nielsen
- McCall's M7131
- Sadie Slip Dress by Tessuti
- WILD CARD!
There you have it! I have put my intentional intentions out into the world and we will see what becomes of them! What are some of your 2019 plans this year? I would love to know!