I always get super excited when sewing trousers to get to the back part of the pants, mainly because I find it sooooo much easier to tackle, especially when there aren't any pockets! I think you will find that you are going to just whiz on by with this part of the sewalong!
24) With RST, sew your back legs together along the crotch curve. Finish your seams and press towards the left.
Don't mind my plate of brie and crackers- I was in a snacky mood as I was sewing this part up!
25) Grab your back waistband piece and head over to your iron. Iron up one long edge of your waistband by 1/2” (1.3 cm).
26) Attach the un-ironed portion of your back waist band to your back pants with RST. Iron up 1/2” (1.3 cm)
27) Grade your seams & press your seam allowance up towards the waistband.
27a) Understitch along the top edge of your waistband (are you getting super confident in those understitching skills?!)
28) Press your entire waistband towards the back side of your pants. Sew along the ironed edge of your waistband, securely attaching your waistband to your pants!
Also optional: Make your pants extra special by adding a cute tag, like this one from Kylie & the Machine (Not sponsored- I just love all of her tags!)
29) Using a saftey pin, slide your elastic through your back waistband opening. Be careful not to stretch your elastic just yet- try to keep it as flat as possible (I like to keep my elastic a little long for this part).
29a) Baste your elastic to one end of your waistband opening, leaving the other end free.
Things are about to get interesting! Feel free to take a break here, grab *another* snack, watch a few funny cat videos, and come back with some new energy for Part 6 - Attaching Front to Back!