I am so excited that we will be sewing this summer frock together! This has been one of my most favorite sews over the past few months while working on developing this pattern, which I am so thankful for! How unfortunate would it have been if I was working on this for months and months and actually disliked the sewing part?
For this sewalong, I am trying out some new things!
1) I will be doing it over the course of 8 days, releasing one new part per day. That way, no one feels super rushed to try and get...
Oh my goodness, the last day of our sewalong has finally arrived! Today, we will be putting on all the finishing touches of our Amelie- who else is super excited?
We've only got a few more steps left, but each is a bit time-consuming, so grab your favorite drink and a handful of snacks and let's get started!
58) Try on your dress (eep you are almost there!) and pin along the markings for the buttonholes. You can stick with what I recommend as far as button size & placement go, or you can...
I had you all skip a few steps yesterday so that we could get our pockets and plackets attached to our skirt and I hope that didn't cause too much confusion!
Throughout the testing process, a lot of my testers mentioned that it would be easier to attach the pockets to the skirt BEFORE attaching the skirt to the bodice. This way you aren't dealing with a ton of fabric going through your sewing machine all at once.
For me, I like putting my pockets on AFTER everything has been assembled just to ensure...
How are you feeling now that you have your bodice fully assembled and all that's left to complete is your skirt and some finishing details? I hope you are feeling quite accomplished and proud of yourself!
Today, we are going to prep our entire skirt for the plackets & pockets tomorrow. Once those are on, we can put the skirt together with the bodice and practically have a finished dress!
34) With right sides together, pin & sew your front skirt pieces together; Finish your seams. Skip this step if you...
So we have survived what many would call a difficult sewing task- woohoo! You are well on your way to finishing up this dress!
Since we tackled something so tricky yesterday, we'll slow it down for today (I mean TGIF, amirite?) and focus on simply adding our waistband to our bodice.
27) Sew your front waistband to the back waistband at the side seams;
Repeat for your interfaced waistband pieces.
28) Press your seams open. I totally spaced and didn't get a photo of this step with this...